At Valgard Media, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site.
In particular, we want you to know that Valgard Media is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
We just don’t do that sort of thing.
Grab a cuppa and read on.
This includes information about pages viewed, products purchased and the customer journey around our websites.
When someone visits we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other devices (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) as you browse this website.
They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our websites.
Some cookies collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour when you access this website via the same computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed, products purchased and your journey around a website.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Valgard Media, or on behalf of Valgard Media
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to site navigation.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies.
How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites.
If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.